"Insurgent" by Veronica Roth

Insurgent (Divergent, 2): Roth, Veronica: 9781594138539: Books
Hold on, is that the end??
Oh well…


So I finally got to read Insurgent, the second book in the Divergent trilogy, written by Veronica Roth.

I was afraid that since I had taken such a long break before reading the second part of the trilogy, I would have forgotten the characters and would not feel anything towards them. What happened, however, was the complete opposite: I was excited to meet them again and I grew even more fond of these fictional friends of mine as the story went on.


Time really flew by fast as I was reading Insurgent. I remember I was bored at a party, so I took out my phone, which has an ebook reader app installed on it, and continued reading the book. I read it for a few minutes and - boom - it ended right when I was most eager to see how the events would unfold. Now I'm even more curious about what will happen in the third book, Allegiant. I have seen some spoilers (against my will), though, and it seems that it has the potential of being quite painful.


In Insurgent, Tris deals with the consequences of what happened in the climax of the previous book, Divergent. She battles with grief and guilt, which is eating her from inside and depriving her even of her will to live, and struggles to overcome the tensions between her and her boyfriend, Tobias, while slowly uncovering a horrible secret about the faction system that has governed most of her life. The stable, five-factioned society inside the fence has collapsed, maybe for ever, and each of the characters has to pick a side and forge a new identity.

One choice can destroy you.

Komentāri

Populāras ziņas